Monday 15 August 2011

New Tunes

Had a need to find me some new music to soothe my ears with.  After some searching I have found a few things, some you won't of heard of and some you may (one you will).  Here is what is currently tickling my fancy

Mads Langer - singer songwriter with beautifully crafted songs.  Not my typical listen but the music is genuinely gorgeous.
Mumford & Sons - took me a while but heard Little Lion Man and White Blank Page and wondered to myself why have I not gotten into this before!!
Funeral Party - punchy, punky and dancy tunes from this New York based band.  Well worth a minute or two of your time.
Neon Trees - catchy as Hell.  Especially Animal and In The Next Room.  A brilliant slice of pop.
Metric - again late to the party with this one but been hard to stop listening to it.
The Joy Formiddable - I first encountered these guys backing up Silversun Pickups in the Borderline club in London.  Now they are playing main stages at festivals and sold out venues such as Camden Koko.  They have moved up at great speed but deservedly so.  And it certainly doesn't hurt with the sex appeal they're given through frontwoman Ritz Bryan.  Their live performance is truly outstanding bringing aggression, fun and banging tunes right into your face.

There is more but I'll leave that for another time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment